Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Journal and Grading Questions

How much should my child write in his/her journal?
Journaling - I suggested to the class that 3rd graders write 1-2 paragraphs, 4th graders write 2-3 paragraphs, and 5th and 6th graders write 3-4 paragraphs. If your child writes more than this, that is fine! I'm not concerned with the length, but desiring the kids to be able to communicate effectively with the written word. Remember, journals are NOT graded or corrected. These are to encourage kids to record their thoughts on paper. I would like them to write in their journals at least three times per week.

How will you send grades at the end of the semester?
I will e-mail grades at the end of the semester. The grade I will give you will cover the form of your child's writing, completed homework assignments, and classroom participation. You may then include the scores from the chapter tests to determine the final grade. Please let me know ASAP if you want a grade from me.

No comments: