Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Writing STARS 9-18-08 WA #2

Congratulations to our four Writing STARS for Writing Assignment #2! Way to go! Students were assigned a Three Point Expository Paragraph on their Favorite Adults.

(I am "indenting" these paragraphs as I type them. However, when they post, they publish without the indent. Sorry! Yes, I do realize these should be indented.)



My Favorite People
by: WB, grade 3

I have three favorite people. These people are Mom, Dad and Papaw. My first favorite person is Mom. I like Mom because she’s a great teacher. My second favorite person is Dad. I like Dad because he makes the best burgers. My third favorite person is Papaw. I like Papaw because he’s funny. I like all three because they’re in my family.


My Three Favorite Adults
by: MS, grade 4
(written as an essay instead of a paragraph)
I have three favorite adults outside of my family. They are Chuck, Rachel, and Ms. Tamie. These are my reasons why they are my favorite adults.
My first favorite adult is Chuck. I like Chuck because he is fun and he loves to make people laugh. He also has really long, cool, brown dreadlocks!
My second favorite adult is Rachel. Rachel is Chuck’s wife. She is one of my favorite adults because she’s really energetic and crazy. I like it when she leads the kids worship. She just had a baby, Kennedy. She is so cute.
My third favorite adult is Ms. Tamie. She is my best friend’s mom. I like her because she takes care of me when I go over to play at her house with my friend Anna. One of my favorite things about her is she is a really good cook. My favorite thing she cooks is her vegetable soup. It’s really good!
Out of all my favorite adults, my favorite would have to be Chuck. He’s my favorite because he is a great role model and he loves kids. One day I hope I’m as cool as he is.


My Three Favorite Adults
by: JC, grade 4
My three favorite adults are Dad, Mom, and Grandpa. My Dad is the best! He helps me with sports, school, and always helps me make good choices. My Mom is so fun. We play games, cook, and have tea parties. My Grandpa loves life. He loves plants, animals, people, and, most of all, he loves God. I have a great family. I love them and they love me.


My Three Favorite Adults
by: JC, grade 5
My three favorite adults are Dad, Mom, and Grandma. My Dad is a very joyful man. He always has a smile on his face. My Dad loves and cares for me. He works very hard to make money so I can have a beautiful house, good food, and stay at home to do school. My Mom is a super woman. She does laundry, makes meals, and cares for me so I can stay healthy and active. My Mom is also a great teacher. She teaches me school and how to love other people. My Grandma has a heart filled with love. She has shown love to me my entire life. Every time we're together, we always do special things. I don't really know how I could live without my family. They're awesome!

No comments: