Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WRITING STARS 9-24-08 WA#3

Why I Love to Camp

by: MB, grade 5


I love to go camping. Let me tell you why. I love going camping because you're outside. You can hear the birds singing. It's just so cool. Did you ever take the time to take a break and look around? Well, when you go camping you can. It's like a vacation, but you're outside. Or, have you ever stopped to feel the breeze on your face? Camping helps you do that too. If you want to get away from everything and just relax, then camping is great for that also. I love to camp because I can be outside and hear the birds sing. I can also stop and look around me. Camping helps me to feel the breeze. Last, but not least, camping helps me relax and get away from everything. Those are some reasons why I love to camp. I like other things too, but camping will always be my favorite.


Why I Like Basketball

by: ET, grade 5



I like basketball in many different ways. I enjoy playing basketball. I like to watch basketball. I even like to read about basketball. The best part about basketball is to watch the ball go through the hoop. I also enjoy watching the Lady Vols play against Duke. It is a great sport to play with family and friends.



Baseball

by: FB, grade 4



My favorite sport is baseball. The three things I like about baseball are pitching, running and catching. The first thing I like is pitching. I like to pitch because it is fun to strike someone out. The second thing I like is running. I like running because it is an exhilarating workout. The third thing I like is catching. I like to catch because I can get someone out. I enjoy baseball because I like pitching the ball, running the bases, and catching to get someone out.




Three Reasons Why I Like To Go Camping

by: TP, grade 6




I have three reasons why I like camping. They are being with my family, being outdoors, and fishing. My first reason is family. I like camping with my family because I enjoy being with my family. My second reason is we are outdoors. I like being outdoors because you are not in the blazing sun. There are no crowds and it is just you and your family. My third reason is fishing. I like fishing because you may not have ever been there before and you don't know what's ahead of you in that adventure. That's my three favorite reasons why I like camping and I love them all!

Why I Like Figure Skating

CF, grade 3

My favorite sport is figure skating. There are three main points. They are: learning the details, performing, and competition. The first part of figure skating is learning details. Learning details may not be fun at first, but when you are performing it pays off for what you did. The second part of figure skating is performing. You do not have to perform, but I think it is a great reward for all that learning I did. The third part of figure skating is competition. You do not have to do competition, but once you try, you will love it! You may not be excellent at first, but all it takes is practice.


Three Things I Like About Camping

by: MB, grade 6


There are three things I like about camping. My favorite things about camping are getting to use a hatchet, campfires, and being outside. My first favorite thing about camping is using a hatchet. I like using a hatchet because this is pretty much the only time I am allowed to use a one. My second favorite thing about camping is campfires. I like campfires because I like putting logs and twigs on. I also like campfires because they kind of hypnotize me. My third favorite thing about camping is being outside. I like being outside because I can get away from the everyday routine and it just gives me a really good feeling. If I had to choose ten of my favorite things, camping would definitely be on the list.

No comments: